In this hands-on lab, we will review the VPC configuration and understand the components required to provision EC2 instances, while identifying what makes an instance public vs. private. We will create an Amazon EC2 instance and a security group in the public and private subnet, validate connectivity using SSH, and identify what makes the instance and the subnet private.
Successfully complete this lab by achieving the following learning objectives:
- Create an Amazon EC2 Instance in the Public Subnet, and Verify Connectivity Using SSH
- Verify the VPC configuration.
- Create an Amazon EC2 instance in the public subnet, and verify connectivity using SSH.
- Create an Amazon EC2 Instance in the Private Subnet
- Create an Amazon EC2 instance in the private subnet.
- Identify which configuration instance and VPC make the instance private.