In this hands-on lab, we will meet a few different objectives:
* Review the VPC configuration and understand the components required to provision EC2 instances.
* Review the VPC configuration to identify what makes an instance public vs. private.
* Create an Amazon EC2 instance and a security group in the public subnet, and validate connectivity using SSH.
* Create an Amazon EC2 instance and a security group in the private subnet, and identify what makes the instance and the subnet private.
Successfully complete this lab by achieving the following learning objectives:
- Create an Amazon EC2 Instance in the Public Subnet, and Verify Connectivity Using SSH
- Verify the VPC configuration.
- Create an Amazon EC2 instance in the public subnet, and verify connectivity using SSH.
- Create an Amazon EC2 Instance in the Private Subnet
- Create an Amazon EC2 instance in the private subnet.
- Identify what configuration for the instance and the VPC make the instance private.