Welcome to the hands-on lab, where we will create two S3 buckets and verify public versus non-public access to the buckets. We will also enable and validate versioning based on uploaded objects.
Successfully complete this lab by achieving the following learning objectives:
- Create a Public and Private Amazon S3 Bucket
- Create a public Amazon S3 bucket.
- Enable public access, and then upload an object.
- Verify public access to the object.
- Create a private Amazon S3 bucket, but do not enable public access.
- Verify what happens when the object accessed does not have public permissions.
- Enable Versioning on the Public Bucket and Validate Access to Different Versions of Files with the Same Name
- Enable versioning on the public bucket.
- Upload a file to the bucket.
- Upload a second file to the bucket with the same name.
- Verify that both versions of the file are accessible.