Learning how to provide a database solution for your company’s needs is an important skill to have. Knowing how to configure your database instance for that solution is even more important. In this hands-on lab, we will learn how to configure our MySQL instance to accommodate our team’s needs.
Successfully complete this lab by achieving the following learning objectives:
- Configure the Cloud SQL Instance
- From the main console navigation head over to SQL.
- Click Create instance.
- Choose MySQL.
- Name the instance "dev-instance":
- Root password: 12345
- Database version: MySQL 5.7
- Click Show configuration options.
- Make sure Public IP is enabled.
- Click on Machine type and storage.
- Click on Change, choose db-g1-small machine type, and click Select.
- Make sure SSD Storage type is selected.
- Click on Auto backups and high availability.
- Automate backups: 11:00 PM – 3:00 AM
- Enable binary logging: Check
- Availability: High availability (regional)
- Click on Maintenance.
- Preferred window: Saturday
- Click on Labels.
- Key: Instance
- Value: dev
- Click Create.