In this lab, we will install and configure a Postfix email server for local delivery and then test the server by sending messages to local users.
Successfully complete this lab by achieving the following learning objectives:
- Install the Postfix email server
Using the appropriate system commands, install postfix if it is not already installed.
- Explore the server configuration file
Examine the contents of the configuration file.
- Configure the server for local email delivery
Make any necessary changes to the configuration files so that email will be delivered to your local user.
- Install client software to test our configuration
Install any software you may need to test the configuration.
- Send test emails
Using test software, send a test email to a user on the server.
- Explore the mail spool and delivery
Examine the email spool folder and see what files are there.
- Identify and review email logs
Examine the logs for the email system. Examine any system messages that relate to email.