In this hands-on lab, you will be tasked with creating a small cluster on the three provided Consul servers. Consul will be installed on all the provided servers, but will need to be configured. You will need to configure the first server as a Consul Server agent. You will then need to configure the other two servers as Consul agents that are clients of the Consul Server agent.
Successfully complete this lab by achieving the following learning objectives:
- Log In to the Provided Servers
- Log in to the server using the credentials provided.
- Configure the Consul Agent on consul-server0 to Be the Server Agent for the Cluster
- Change the configuraton of the consul-server0 server to be in server mode.
- Restart the server if required.
- Configure the Consul Agents on the Two Other Servers to Auto-Join the Cluster On consul-server0
- Change the agent configuraton of the consul-client0 and the consul-client1 server to be a part of the provided cluster.
- Ensure that auto-join is configured and enabled.
- Restart the server(s) if required.
- Verify the Cluster Is Working and There Are Now Two Client Nodes
- Verify that the cluster has one server member and two client nodes.