In this hands-on lab, we use the Azure Portal to create an Azure Cognitive Service resource. We log in to the Azure Portal, create the resource, and examine several of its properties such as its API endpoint and key. This lab teaches the skills required to set up a Cognitive Service resource to perform operations such as text analysis, face recognition, and content mediation.
Successfully complete this lab by achieving the following learning objectives:
- Log In to the Azure Portal
Start by logging in to the Azure Portal using the credentials provided when starting the lab.
- Create the Cognitive Services Resource
- Click on + Create a resource to open the marketplace.
- Search for "Cognitive Services".
- Click on the Cognitive Services search result, and click Create.
- On the Create form, set the following values:
- Name: Give a name to your cognitive resource.
- Subscription: Leave the default Linux Academy subscription.
- Location: Select the location of the resource group.
- Pricing Tier: S0
- Resource group: Select the existing resource group.
- Select the confirmation checkbox.
- Click Create.
- Examine the Created Cognitive Services Resource
Examine the endpoint and keys, as they are generally required for other services in a solution to use the various Cognitive Services.