Learning about the database offerings in GCP is a required skill for an architect, developer, and so on. In this hands-on lab, we will take a look at GCP’s relational database offering, Cloud SQL.
Successfully complete this lab by achieving the following learning objectives:
- Create a Cloud SQL Instance
In the lab, the correct project is already selected, but in the real world, if you have multiple projects, you would want to choose the appropriate project before starting.
- From Google Cloud console’s main navigation, choose SQL.
- Click Create an Instance then choose MySQL.
- Give your instance a name and give set the root password to acloudguru.
- Under Database Version, click MySQL 5.7 engine for the instance.
- The "Machine type and storage" options have changed. The default settings are fine for the lab.
- Under Labels, set Key to Name and Value to Test.
- Click Create.