You have received approval to create a new EC2 instance that is accessible only to you, so you are able to test your scripts and use them for learning goals set by your team lead. You will create an EC2 instance and allow for access only from your machine. You will then test this access to ensure that you have configured access correctly.
Successfully complete this lab by achieving the following learning objectives:
- Configure a Security Group
- Navigate to EC2.
- Click Security Groups.
- Name the security group SG1.
- Click Create.
- Specify the public subnet and that
SSHaccess on port
22is accessible by My IP address.
- Create an EC2 Instance
- Create a t3.micro Amazon Linux instance.
- Create a key pair named keypair1 and save that key pair to your machine.
- Enable assigning a public IP address to the instance.
- Attach the security group SG1.
- Add a tag with the value Name, and name the instance My Instance.
- Test Access to the EC2 Instance
- Try to access your machine from one of the other instances.
- Try to access the new instance from your machine.
- Access to the new instance should be locked down to only your machine. No other instances should be able to access that instance.