AWS Networking consists of multiple components. Understanding the relationship between the networking components is a key part of understanding the overall functionality and capabilities of AWS. In this learning activity, you will gain hands-on practice by creating a VPC with an Internet Gateway, and you will create subnets across multiple Availability Zones.
Successfully complete this lab by achieving the following learning objectives:
- Create a VPC
Create a VPC from scratch (without using the VPC Wizard).
Set the VPC CIDR to 10.0.0.0/16
- Create an Internet Gateway
Create an Internet Gateway and connect it to the VPC.
- Edit the Main Route Table
Edit the Main Route Table with two entries.
- Create a default route to the internet using the 0.0.0.0/0 CIDR notation
- Create a local route to allow internal communication within the VPC between the two public subnets.
- Create a Network Access Control List (NACL) and associate it.
Create a Network Access Control List (NACL), and associate it.
- Create two public subnets
Create two public subnets in different availability zones using the following IP CIDR addresses:
- Subnet 1 in us-east-1a: 10.0.1.0/24
- Subnet 2 in us-east-1b: 10.0.2.0/24