The goal of this hands-on lab is to create a custom DHCP option set for the VPC. We will walk through a VPC refresher and build a VPC from scratch, and then create the custom DHCP option set and assign the new option set to an EC2 instance.
Successfully complete this lab by achieving the following learning objectives:
- Create an AWS VPC
- Create a VPC.
- Create an internet gateway, and attach it to your VPC.
- Create a route table.
- Add a route to the route table with the following values:
- Destination: 0.0.0.0/0
- Target: The internet gateway you created
- Create a subnet with an IPv4 CIDR block of 10.0.1.0/24. Then, associate it with your VPC and the route table you created.
- Create a Custom DHCP Options Set
- Create a DHCP options set, and associate it with your VPC.
- Create an EC2 instance associated with your VPC and subnet.
- Once it’s created, ensure its private DNS matches the domain name you entered for the DHCP options set.