In this Hands-On Lab you will install and configure a DNS caching nameserver.
Then you will test that the server is working using several tools.
NOTE: The Hands-On Lab video’s mention the LPI Certificate Level 2 Exam 2, but this Lab can be taken as a Stand-Alone Lab.
Successfully complete this lab by achieving the following learning objectives:
- Install the DNS server software
Using the appropriate software, install the DNS server software.
- Explore the DNS configuration files
Have a look at the config files, check how they are pre-configured.
- Change the configuration (if needed) to ensure the DNS service is set to caching-only.
Change the configuration (if needed) to ensure the DNS service is set to caching-only.
- Enable and start the BIND name service
Start the DNS service and set it to start on system reboot.
- Test the caching-only name server using client tools
Using the appropriate tools, test the name server is working.