This lab will require you to complete the following tasks:
1. Create a KV pair in the key store.
2. Take a snapshot of Consul to a backup file.
3. Delete the KV pair from the store.
4. Restore the snapshot from the backup file.
5. Test the KV pair is back in the store.
You will be provided a Consul server already in dev mode.
Successfully complete this lab by achieving the following learning objectives:
- Log in to the Provided Server
- Log in to the server using the credentials provided.
Test that Consul is ready for use with a
Note: It may take several minutes after the lab has started before Consul is ready for use.
- Create a Key Pair in the KV Store
Using Consul commands, create a key value pair in the KV store. This pair may be anything. If you’re not sure what values to use, use the following:
aws with a value of us-east-1
- Take a Snapshot of Consul and Delete the Key in the KV Store
- Using the appropriate commands, take a snapshot of the running Consul system.
- Delete the KV pair you created in the previous step.
- Check the KV store to ensure that key pair is missing.
- Restore the Snapshot to the Running Consul System
- Using the appropriate commands, restore the previously created snapshot to your Consul.
- Test the KV Pair Is Back in the KV Store
- Test the newly created KV pair is now back in the KV store.