In this lab, we will test several scenarios in the Azure portal. We will begin by adding tags and locks to a resource group and deploying a VM. We will then add locks to the VM resources and see if we can add tags to them after they are locked. Finally, we will explore if a resource group can be deleted if it is locked or even if the resources inside it are locked.
Successfully complete this lab by achieving the following learning objectives:
- Discover How Locks and Tags Affect Deployments
- Add a tag to the resouce group.
- Lock the resource group with a Read-Only lock and attempt to deploy a VM to it.
- Lock the resource group with a Delete lock and attempt to deploy a VM to it.
- After successful deployment, verify if tags have been inherited.
- Determine If Tags Can Be Added to Locked Resources
- Lock one of the VM resources with a Read-Only lock.
- Lock one of the VM resources with a Delete resource.
- Attempt to add tags to all of the resources at once.
- Verify if any of the locks prevented adding tags.
- Explore What Happens When Attempting to Delete a a Resource Group with Locks on It (or on the Resources inside It)
- Attempt to delete the resource group with the Delete lock on it.
- Remove the resource group lock.
- Attempt to delete the resource group with locks on the resources inside it.
- Remove resource locks.
- Delete the resource group.