In this hands-on lab, you will learn about using VPC endpoints to provide a private connection to an AWS S3 bucket. First, we will go over use cases for creating VPC endpoints. Then, we will walk through VPC endpoint creation and S3 bucket connection.
Successfully complete this lab by achieving the following learning objectives:
- Create a VPC Endpoint for S3
- Navigate to VPC.
- From the VPC dashboard, click Endpoints > Create Endpoint.
- Select the service name for S3.
- Select the available VPC.
- Select the appropriate route table (the one with Yes in the Main column).
- Click Create endpoint.
- Connect to S3 through the VPC Endpoint
Connect to the private EC2 instance via SSH:
Confirm communication with the S3 bucket through the VPC endpoint:
aws s3 ls