Welcome to this live AWS environment for learning the fundamentals of using DynamoDB in the AWS console. This lab provides you with essential exposure to database concepts such as partition and sort keys, how to add, delete, and update items, as well as attributes inside of a DynamoDB table. You will also add local and global secondary indexes, and use the local secondary index to query for items in your table.
Successfully complete this lab by achieving the following learning objectives:
- Create a DynamoDB Table
Use the AWS DynamoDB console to create a DynamoDB table. Name it whatever you like and give it a provisioned throughput of under 10 RCUs and WCUs.
- Log in to the AWS console with the provided credentials
- Navigate to the DynamoDB portion of the console
- Create a DynamoDB table with a local secondary index
- Add Items to Your Table
After creating your DynamoDB
MustNotestable add some items to it.
- Create the DynamoDB table (in the previous step)
- Add items to the table with the
SongTitleattributes as well as adding a few with the
- Query for the items using the AWS DynamoDB Console
- Add a Global Secondary Index to your Table
Using the AWS Console, add a Global Secondary Index to your table.
- Select your DynamoDB table
- Open the indexes section of the DynamoDB console
- Create a global secondary index for your table