In this hands-on lab, you are working as an AI Engineer for Meals In Minutes, a home-cooking restaurant. You’ve been asked to analyze reviews of the restaurant for positivity, key phrases, and entities.
You’ll use a pre-provided command-line application to utilize Azure Text Analytics to analyze user reviews.
Successfully complete this lab by achieving the following learning objectives:
- Look at the Reviews Below and Connect to the Virtual Machine
I was at this restaurant in Chicago on March 12th, all I have to say is WOW! Such fantastic food, there is a 99% chance I’ll be back again!
I ate here on May 17th, and it was rough. The food came out cold, the waiter was a bit of a jerk, and I just didn’t like it. I won’t be coming back here again.
- Make some guesses about what the sentiment score might be for each review, along with what key phrases or entities might come back from the analysis.
- Use a remote desktop client application to connect to the public IP address of the Windows virtual machine shown on the lab page. If you need help, visit this article on how to use the remote desktop client
- Run the Command-Line Application
Using File Explorer, browse to
C:codecontent-AI-900and double-click on 3-text_analytics.py to start the image analysis!
- Review the Results of the Text Analysis
Look at what it detected for the sentiment, key phrases, and entities for each review.
- Bonus: Try Your Own Reviews!
As a bonus objective, right click on the 3-text_analytics.py and click edit with IDLE. In the window that opens look for the red comment “Change the lines below in quotes to try your own reviews! ” and change the reviews to whatever you’d like and run it through text analytics!