In this lab, you will be provided with a server that has Jenkins pre-installed but not fully configured.
As part of this lab, you will need to configure it for first use. After configuration and gaining access to the GUI, you will install the plugin that changes the theme.
Once installed, you will enable the new theme to ensure the plugin is working.
Successfully complete this lab by achieving the following learning objectives:
- Log In to the Provided Server
Log in to the server as
cloud_userwith the provided password to ensure you can log in. When the file
SERVER-READYis shown in the
/home/cloud_userfolder, then you can follow along with the tasks.
- Log In to the Jenkins Instance on Port 8080
The supplied CentOS 8 server has Jenkins pre-installed but not configured. Use the same username and password as the provided server to log into the GUI.
- Configure Jenkins for First Use
- Connect to the provided Jenkins server at port 8080.
- Configure the Jenkins server for first use by adding the key as mentioned on the initial landing page, creating a user called admin, and then installing the default plugins.
- Install a Plugin Called Dark Theme
Do what is required to locate the plugin called Dark Theme, and then install and enable the plugin.
- Under Configure System, Activate the Dark Theme
You will find the settings to enable the dark theme under Configure System. Select Dark and then Save. Your Jenkins should now be using the dark theme.