I am not able to install mysql-client from VM Instance, getting below error.
cloud_user_p_b3eaea47@instance-1:~$ sudo apt-get install mysql-client
Reading package lists… Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information… Done
Package mysql-client is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source
E: Package ‘mysql-client’ has no installation candidate
mysql-client is not the name of the package on your distribution. I’d try
apt search mysql to find the client’s name. A possible name might be default-mysql-client
Solution : change mysql-client by default-mysql-client
Additional steps in Feb/2021:
• Install wget and unzip using apt-get install
• The installation of mysql-clinet is now called default-mysql-client
• Enable the API in the Cloud SQL Admin API otherwise, it will not connect.
• The SQL database forumdb.sql that comes from the LAB is zipped -> use: unzip
• When in doubt, always use the "file" command in linux to see if the file is really zipped