why we have to create another mail id for gcp non-admin user ? anyone please explain it clearly..
We are trying to mimic a real business scenario where we have multiple GCP users (employees) one of them can be admin and can grant non-admin privileges to other employees in the organization. Here is what you need to do (and I did while I was learning):
1) Create two gmail accounts (example: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com)
2) Sign-up for gcp using firstname.lastname@example.org account
3) Now while you are signed up with admin account – create a project and make email@example.com the owner of the project
4) On the IAM member screen, add a new member (firstname.lastname@example.org) as viewer (any non-admin role).
5) Then login to GCP via email@example.com and see the difference in options presented to admin and non-admin users.
Hope this helps!