I am studying AZ-900 and new to the cloud. I have a few questions in mind.
1. Imagine I have simply launched a VM (no scale set) in the Azure cloud and hosted an application on it. What will happen in the scenario if my server dies due to traffic overload?
– Will it restart again automatically when the traffic goes down? And, the application will work again as normal?
2. Due to some hardware failure or disaster, if Azure stops my VM, will it automatically replicate the VM and the application to another fault domain/AZ and run it without me doing anything?
3. If I have an application that I want to host on VMs and I launch two VMs in two AZs for high availability, do I need to manually deploy the same app on both VMs?
Please share your thoughts.
1) the server or application would likely stay hung until you manually rebooted it then you would have to troubleshoot after
2)depending on the level of hw failure. Within the same host or dc you’d be protected automatically and minimum diwntime but if you need more resilience you need to select and enable AZs
3) you would probably create one configure your application then clone it or create a template if you want to manually create 2 vms but if you use az correctly you just deploy once