AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional 2020

The “Multi-Account Security Strategy” reference is outdated

I mentioned that in another discussion but the provided PDF reference "AWS Multi-Account Security Strategy" is seriously outdated. It dates from 2017. Even at re:Invent 2018 the multi-account strategy presented was much different and it has been update again at re:Invent 2019. The reference should be updated to point to this video – which is a must watch:

AWS re:Invent 2019: Architecting security & governance across your landing zone (SEC325-R2)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVJnenaD3U8

1 Answers

Hi Matthieu,

Reiterated from other post.  Some of these items are on our list to update, but do realize that just because AWS comes out with new services, questions on the exam don’t change overnight. It’s quite common for exam questions to show up on the exam out of the vast database of questions which cover a wide range of "generations" of recommended approaches. This is why we don’t immediately rewrite course content when new services or white-papers are released.

–Scott

Matthieu Lienart

Sure, I just wanted to mention that re:Invent 2019 session as I think it is very very well presented and has the latest concept. I might also not be the only to follow this course not just to pass the exam but learn some new things as well. Anyway, I thought it was worth sharing. Regarding the exam, do you know what happens if today’s right answer to an old question was wrong when that question was created?

Scott Pletcher

AWS are pretty good at combing through their question database to make sure answers are not conflicting. They can remove an answer, add answers or change a slight detail in the question. The second method they have at their disposal is just the law of big numbers. if there is a question here or there which has conflicting answers, it doesn’t really make that much difference over the course of the entire exam. Occasionally, someone tries to file a complaint and dispute the answer to questions, but I’ve never heard of AWS overturning an answer.

Sign In
Welcome Back!

Psst…this one if you’ve been moved to ACG!

Get Started
Who’s going to be learning?