In this course, you will gain a better understanding of the LEMP stack through lessons and hands-on labs. You will learn how to install a LEMP stack on both RHEL and Ubuntu Linux, perform basic configuration of NGINX, secure MariaDB, and even deploy a PHP application on a LEMP stack. When you have finished the course, you will have the skills necessary to build your own LEMP stack.
LEMP Stack Deep Dive Git Repository
Feel free to explore the configurations and code from the course at: GitHub – linuxacademy/content-lemp-deep-dive
What Is the LEMP Stack?
- NGINX (eNGINeX – the ""E"")
LEMP Stack Deep Dive – Objectives
- What is the LEMP stack? How does it compare to a LAMP stack?
- How do you install a LEMP stack on RHEL/Ubuntu Linux?
- How do you configure NGINX?
- How do you configure and secure MariaDB?
- How do you deploy PHP applications using php-fpm?
- Deploy phpMyAdmin on Ubuntu Linux
LEMP Stack Deep Dive — Prerequisites
- Beginner to intermediate Linux command line skills
- Experience with configuring web servers on Linux is a plus
- Experience with web development is a plus, but not required
- No DBA skills required
- No programming skills required
LEMP Stack Deep Dive — Labs
- Install LEMP Stack on RHEL/Ubuntu Linux
- Basic Configuration of NGINX
- Generate SSL Certificates
- Advanced Configuration of NGINX
- Customize Logging in NGINX
- Configure and Secure MariaDB
- Configure php-fpm
- Deploy phpMyAdmin