It can be highly beneficial and practical to extend VMware services to the public cloud. And VMware Cloud on AWS offers customers the opportunity to do just that. Experiences VMware practitioners can bring their skillset to the AWS cloud. Additionally, they will be able utilize the full suite of AWS services as needed.
This course ‘Introduction to VMware Cloud on AWS’ will start of by first detailing what this product is and its benefits. There will be lessons on its cost, and the regions in which it can be used.
The course will walk through installing VMware Cloud on AWS, and go into detail on networking. This includes networking in the cloud, network between the cloud environment and the on-premises data center, and networking with key services in AWS.
The course will conclude with discussion on backing up the VMware Cloud on AWS environment, and planning migrations to the cloud.
- Chapter 1 2 Lessons Introduction 6:06
Overview of Course Topics3:58
- Chapter 2 4 Lessons Exploring the VMWare Cloud on AWS Solution 43:25
What Is It? An Overview of the VMWare Cloud on AWS Solution11:20
What Does It Cost? Planning Your VMWare Cloud on AWS Solution10:54
Where Will It Go? Regions and Quotas9:20
Securing Access to Your VMWare Cloud on AWS Solution11:51
- Chapter 3 3 Lessons Networking for Your VMWare Cloud on AWS Solution 38:21
Networking within the Solution9:07
Connecting On-Premises VMWare to AWS13:48
Connecting the VMWare Cloud on AWS Solution with the Rest of AWS15:26
- Chapter 4 1 Lesson Protecting Your Solution with Backup and Disaster Recovery 15:00
Protecting Virtual Machines with Backups15:00
- Chapter 5 1 Lesson Migrating to VMWare Cloud on AWS 12:20
Migration Strategies and Cost Assessment12:20
- Chapter 6 1 Lesson Conclusion 2:07