If you’re completely new to big data and aren’t quite sure what it is, why it’s necessary, and how it works, then this is the course for you! We are going to clarify what big data is (and isn’t), while also defining some other related terms around data characterization and analysis methods. Then, we talk about some architectural problems with big data and how we solve them with cluster computing, distributed storage, and cluster management. Lastly, we will cover some of the popular technologies and illustrate how big data is used in the real world to hopefully shine a light on how big data is already impacting your daily life — whether you realize it or not. Let’s get started!
- Chapter 1 4 Lessons Getting Started 6:35
- Chapter 2 4 Lessons Terminology 32:31
- Chapter 3 4 Lessons Architecture 30:53
- Chapter 4 6 Lessons Technologies 28:55
- Chapter 5 7 Lessons Use Cases 19:51
- Chapter 6 1 Lesson Final Steps 3:26