November brings a grabbag of cloudy-learning goodness for gurus of all stripes, from absolute tech newcomers to seasoned cloud commanders. Whether you’re looking for the basics on cloud or in-depth DevOps content, this month’s free courses on A Cloud Guru have you covered.
Here are the courses you can check out for free at ACG for the month of November.
Cloud fundamentals courses
- Introduction to Cloud Computing — What’s the cloud? Our non-technical, explain-it-like-I’m-five intro to cloud will take you from knowing nothing about the cloud to knowing something about the cloud quick!
- Network Routing Fundamentals — Build a basic understanding of network routing, including IP addressing, types of routing, protocols that govern decisions, and policies used in advanced network routing.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) courses
- AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) Concepts — Get a non-technical intro to Identity and Access Management (IAM) and why it’s critical to ensure security.
- How to Properly Secure an S3 Bucket — This course covers methods for securing S3 buckets and how to remediate security issues.
- Choosing the right database service on AWS — This course provides an intro to database options on AWS and covers the benefits of each and the types of problems they’re best at solving.
- Amazon DynamoDB Deep Dive — This all-skill-levels-welcome course will teach you how to build scalable, high-performance applications using AWS DynamoDB.
- AWS Essentials — Go from A to Z on Amazon Web Services (AWS). This 17-hour course requires no previous experience and explains AWS, its core services, and the process of setting up your own AWS account.
Microsoft Azure courses
- Azure Architecture Design Concepts — Learn the basics of Solution Architecture, including design principles, requirements gathering, resource consumption, and cost control.
- Identity and Access Management for Azure — Ready to learn the ins and outs of Azure’s Identity and Access Management (IAM) offering? This course covers building, administrating, and working with IAM in Azure.
- Introduction to Azure Security — This high-level course covers Azure security concepts and the trustworthy foundation provided by Azure with configurable security options to suit your needs.
- Azure Concepts — Learn about the core components of Azure, see how companies are using Azure today, and learn how and why companies pick cloud providers.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) courses
- Google Cloud Security Essentials — This 10-hour course covers the core fundamentals of securing your Google Cloud environment and managing who has access to what resources.
- Google Cloud Concepts — What is Google Cloud? This course offers the conceptual foundation needed to advance in GCP in simple, no-experience-needed terms.
Data, Artificial Intelligence, and Machine Learning courses
- Data Science for Absolute Beginners — What’s the difference between artificial intelligence and machine learning? And what’s the big deal with Big Data? This beginner-friendly intro has the answers.
- Machine Learning for Absolute Beginners — Who’s teaching our “smart” gizmos and gadgets all this stuff? (Did nobody watch Terminator?) This course covers the basics of what machine learning is (awesome) — and what it isn’t (Skynet).
- Big Data Fundamentals — Learn what Big Data is and isn’t, plus the problems with Big Data and how we solve them with cluster computing, distributed storage, and cluster management.
DevOps and Containers courses
- Python 3 Scripting for System Administrators — See how to write scripts and create command-line tools using Python 3. This course will take you through the full process to build command-line tools.
- Docker Quick Start — Less talking, more Dock(er)ing! This quick course gets you up to speed fast with Docker, including how to run containers in your environment.
- DevOps Concepts — What’s DevOps? This no-experience-needed course will show you what DevOps is and how it can transform your software development practices.
- Serverless Concepts — Get a quick, high-level overview of serverless touching on jargon and concepts, so you can talk serverless without feeling brainless.
- EKS Basics — Learn the basics of Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS). This course will introduce you to its concepts and get you up and running fast.
- GKE Basics — This intro course covers the concepts of Kubernetes and the basic building blocks of Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE).
- PowerShell Core for Linux Admins — This intermediate-level, 8-hour course covers everything from installing PowerShell on Linux (including Visual Studio Code) to accomplishing some everyday tasks.
- Linux Operating System Fundamentals — Get an all-levels-welcome overview that covers the history of Linux, the open-source movement, and the ways in which Linux is used today.
- How to Get a Linux Job — Learn how to land your first Linux job. We’ll cover networking (the human variety), contacts, cover letters, résumés, and what to focus on in your Linux job quest.
Learn to cloud for free with ACG
Looking to up your cloud IQ? Sign up for a free A Cloud Guru account and dive into a rotating lineup of next-level tech learning. We’re always cooking up new content, and a fresh selection of courses will get delivered to your digital doorstep monthly. Dig in, and keep being awesome!